Free Virtual Educational Support & Tutoring M-F, 3-6pm
SIGN UP FOR FREE EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT AND K-12 TUTORING. Gonzaga University and Priority Spokane have partnered to provide this free service to K-12 students in Spokane County Monday-Friday from 3-6pm. Please sign up using the adjacent form for tutoring/educational support via Zoom at least 24 hours prior. Tutoring and educational support is provided by volunteer students at Gonzaga and from retired educators in the greater Spokane area. You may sign up for one 45-minute support session via Zoom per week via the submission form. Students under 16 must obtain parental permission. You’ll receive a confirmation e-mail as well as a link to sign a document agreeing to the terms and conditions. This will need to be completed and returned prior to your scheduled time. We work to match the educational needs of students to volunteers with that knowledge expertise.
For safety and support, a supervisor listens in to every Zoom support session and is available should additional help be needed.
Do you need virtual learning resources? Visit the Coronavirus Resource Network
Tips for a Successful Zoom Tutoring/Support Session:
- Assure the environment is quiet and free of distractions.
- Have Zoom downloaded, tested, and be comfortable navigating it.
- Have all supplies needed ready- pencils, calculator, paper, etc.
- Clearly articulate what specific help you need to the volunteer- subject, area of struggle, help needed, etc.
- Take notes while the volunteer is supporting you to help you retain the information.
- Be respectful and friendly to our amazing volunteers.